Notice to Vendors and Bidders:
Standard Terms and Conditions Applicable to All MCCS Contracts
The following standard contracting terms and conditions are incorporated and shall become a part of any final contract that will be awarded by any college or other operating unit of the Maine Community College System (collectively “MCCS”). These terms and conditions derive from the public nature and limited resources of the MCCS. MCCS DOES NOT AGREE TO:
- Provide any defense, hold harmless or indemnity;
- Waive any statutory or constitutional immunity;
- Apply the law of a state other than Maine;
- Procure types or amounts of insurance beyond those MCCS already maintains or waive any rights of subrogation;
- Add any entity as an additional insured to MCCS policies of insurance;
- Pay attorneys’ fees, costs, expenses or liquidated damages;
- Promise confidentiality in a manner contrary to Maine’s Freedom of Access Act;
- Permit an entity to change unilaterally any term or condition once the contract is signed; and
- Automatic renewals for term(s) greater than month-to-month.
By submitting a response to a Request for Proposal, bid or other offer to do business with MCCS, YOUR ENTITY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT:
- The above standard terms and conditions are thereby incorporated into any agreement entered into between MCCS and your entity; that such terms and condition shall control in the event of any conflict with such agreement; and that your entity will not propose or demand any contrary terms;
- The above standard terms and conditions will govern the interpretation of such agreement notwithstanding the expression of any other term and/or condition to the contrary;
- Your entity will not propose to any college or other operating unit of the MCCS any contractual documents of any kind that are not in at least 11-point font and completely contained in one Word or PDF document, and that any references to terms and conditions, privacy policies or any other conditions referenced outside of the contract will not apply; and
4. Your entity will identify at the time of submission which, if any, portion or your submitted materials are entitled to “trade secret” exemption from disclosure under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act; that failure to so identify will authorize MCCS to conclude that no portions are so exempt; and that your entity will defend, indemnify and hold harmless MCCS in any and all legal actions that seek to compel MCCS to disclose under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act some or all of your submitted materials and/or contract, if any, executed between MCCS and your entity.
Northern Maine Community College is currently requesting proposals for maintenance and repair of 4 campus elevators. The college is seeking bids for a 3 year contract for regular maintenance, emergency repair, and all inclusive contracts. A full version of the RFP is below
Bids are due back to the college no later than January 9, 2019 at 2:00pm. If you have any questions concerning this RFP please direct them to Julie Clark at 768-2714. All questions must be submitted by e-mail before January 4, 2019. All addenda and responses to questions will be posted below. It is the bidder’s responsibility to check this site for updates. Vendor walk-throughs will be scheduled upon request, 48 hour notice is required.
NMCC CHRISTIE LOCKER ROOM RENOVATION
Renovation of two existing locker rooms in the Christie Building at Northern Maine Community College. Scope of work includes demolition, new concrete floor slab in portions of the project area, new finishes, lockers, plumbing fixtures, and upgrades to mechanical and electrical systems. Project limits to include approximately 1,800 SF of existing floor area.
The cost of the work is approximately $ 472,000. The work to be performed under this contract shall be completed on or before May 31, 2019 (Substantial Completion).
1. Sealed Contractor bids for the project noted above, in envelopes plainly marked “Bid for NMCC Christie Locker Room Renovation” and addressed to:
Northern Maine Community College 33 Edgemont Drive
Presque Isle, Maine 04769
will be opened and read aloud at NMCC Martin Building Room 106 at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 12, 2019. Bids submitted after the noted time will not be considered and will be returned unopened.
2. The bid shall be submitted on the Contractor Bid Form (section 00 41 13) provided in the Bid Documents. The Owner reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids as may best serve the interest of the Owner.
3. Bid security is required on this project.
The Bidder shall include a satisfactory Bid Bond (section 00 43 13) or a certified or cashier’s check for 5% of the bid amount with the completed bid form submitted to the Owner.
4. Performance and Payment Bonds are required on this project.
The selected Contractor shall furnish a 100% contract Performance Bond (section 00 61 13.13) and a 100% contract Payment Bond (section 00 61 13.16) in the contract amount to cover the execution of the Work.
5. Filed Sub-bids are not required on this project.
6. There are no Pre-qualified General Contractors on this project.
7. An on-site pre-bid conference will be conducted for this project.
The pre-bid conference is mandatory for General Contractors and optional for Subcontractors and suppliers. Contractors who arrive late or leave the meeting early may be prohibited from participating in this meeting and bidding. Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 1 p.m. at project site.
8. Bid Documents – full sets only – will be available on or about Friday, January 11, 2019 and may be obtained in electronic format from the Architect by contacting Donna Allen via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide company name, company address, phone and contact full name and email address in requesting email. No partial sets will be issued.
9. Printed sets of Drawings and specifications may be obtained from Print Bangor, 80 Central Street, Bangor, Maine, Tel 947-8049. Contractors requesting paper copies by mail must make arrangements with Print Bangor. No partial sets will be issued.