Notice to Vendors and Bidders:
Standard Terms and Conditions Applicable to All MCCS Contracts
The following standard contracting terms and conditions are incorporated and shall become a part of any final contract that will be awarded by any college or other operating unit of the Maine Community College System (collectively “MCCS”). These terms and conditions derive from the public nature and limited resources of the MCCS. MCCS DOES NOT AGREE TO:
- Provide any defense, hold harmless or indemnity;
- Waive any statutory or constitutional immunity;
- Apply the law of a state other than Maine;
- Procure types or amounts of insurance beyond those MCCS already maintains or waive any rights of subrogation;
- Add any entity as an additional insured to MCCS policies of insurance;
- Pay attorneys’ fees; costs, including collection costs; expenses or liquidated damages;
- Promise confidentiality in a manner contrary to Maine’s Freedom of Access Act;
- Permit an entity to change unilaterally any term or condition once the contract is signed;
- Automatic renewals for term(s) greater than month-to-month;
- Limitations on MCCS’ recovery of lawful damages incurred as a result of breach of the contract;
- Limitation of the time period under which claims can be made or actions brought arising from the contract;
- Vendor’s terms prevailing over MCCS’ standard terms and conditions, including addenda; and
- Unilateral modifications to the contract by the vendor.
By submitting a response to a Request for Proposal, bid or other offer to do business with MCCS, YOUR ENTITY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT:
- The above standard terms and conditions are thereby incorporated into any agreement entered into between MCCS and your entity; that such terms and condition shall control in the event of any conflict with such agreement; and that your entity will not propose or demand any contrary terms;
- The above standard terms and conditions will govern the interpretation of such agreement notwithstanding the expression of any other term and/or condition to the contrary;
- Your entity will not propose to any college or other operating unit of the MCCS any contractual documents of any kind that are not in at least 11-point black font on a white background and completely contained in one Word or PDF document, and that any references to terms and conditions, privacy policies or any other conditions referenced outside of the contract will not apply; and
- Your entity will identify at the time of submission which, if any, portion or your submitted materials are entitled to “trade secret” exemption from disclosure under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act; that failure to so identify will authorize MCCS to conclude that no portions are so exempt; and that your entity will defend, indemnify and hold harmless MCCS in any and all legal actions that seek to compel MCCS to disclose under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act some or all of your submitted materials and/or contract, if any, executed between MCCS and your entity.
• Site Visit
• Determine existing conditions
• Coordinate exact locations
• Provide cleanup for associated work
• Obtain all required permits
• Follow all applicable OSHA and DEP rules and regulations
• Provide all required OSHA documentation (programs, procedures, etc)
Please provide a proposal to include supplying a sized air conditioner or heat pump, all necessary refrigeration lines, install roof mounted compressor unit (curb supplied by others), all necessary electrical and condensate routing including all required materials such as all electrical wiring, condensate lines, and new breakers for the existing electrical panel. Bids shall include all selected equipment specifications including condenser weight. Roof location of the condenser shall be mutually agreed to by NMCC and the selected vendor/contractor.
RFP Estimated Timeline:
8/1/2022 – Request for Proposals will be distributed.
8/9/2022 – Due date for any clarification questions.
8/11/2022 – Final date for proposal submittal, 2pm deadline.
8/12/2022 – Estimated date of vendor award.
Start date – upon completion of contract
All questions and bids related to this request for proposals should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The subject of the e-mail should clearly state “Questions: Christie 215 Air Conditioner.” Deadline for questions is August 9, 2022. Questions and responses will be posted on our website: http://www.nmcc.edu/about-nmcc/news-info/rfps/. It is the College’s intent to respond to all questions within 1 business day. It will be the vendors’ responsibility to check this site for updates.
The college is seeking December 30, 2022 completion date. The start date will be upon full execution of the contract with the selected contractor. Proposals are due back to the college no later than August 11, 2022 at 2:00pm. If you have any questions concerning this request please direct them to Lee Griffin (207) 227-4937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie Edgecomb-Clark email@example.com.
Proposals can be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or delivered/mailed to:
Northern Maine Community College
Technology & Facilities
33 Edgemont Drive
Presque Isle, ME 04769
Please provide pricing for beverages and other products you propose to supply in our college store. In its evaluation, NMCC will review the variety of products offered. vendors shall detail refrigerated equipment that will be included as part of the contract. Equipment suggestions should be based on space and layout in the college store. proposals shall detail a conversion description and timeline. Please specify other considerations that the college should consider in evaluating your proposal
Please Provide proposals for three years and five years, beginning August 15, 2022. The contract will be awarded for a 3-year term with possibility of extending for two one-year terms. Please specify other considerations that the college should consider in evaluating your proposals. The College reserves the right to negotiate with that vendor whose proposal is deemed to best meet the college’s needs.
if you have any questions concerning the bid, please contact Mike Williams by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 768-2712. Proposals must be received by 2:00 PM on August 12, 2022: Proposals can be faxed to 768-2831, emailed to email@example.com or delivered/mailed to Northern Maine Community College, Attn:Mike Williams, 33 Edgemont Drive, Presque Isle, ME 04769
NORTHERN MAINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Lawn Maintenance & Mowing 2022 through 2024 Seasons
Northern Maine Community College is currently accepting proposals for lawn maintenance and mowing of approximately 12.5 acres of lawn for the 2022 – 2024 seasons. Mowing is generally done once a week (depending on weather and growing conditions) for 14 weeks. The contract will be awarded for a 3-year term with the possibility of extending for two one-year terms.
To view the full RFP with directions on how to submit a bid, Please Click Here.
NORTHERN MAINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Printing of NMCC Course Catalog 2022 through 2024 Seasons
To download full RFP document, please click here.
Questions and Answers
Vendor: Would pricing have to remain the same for the subsequent years? Due to the volatility in the paper market, we would not be able to hold pricing for more than the initial printing.
NMCC: Current pricing will be used for vendor selection. Pricing may be subject to price comparisons conducted by the College for future printing services and catalog changes. Repeated and/or frequent failure to be low price will result in revocation of contract award.