Notice to Vendors and Bidders:
Standard Terms and Conditions Applicable to All MCCS Contracts
The following standard contracting terms and conditions are incorporated and shall become a part of any final contract that will be awarded by any college or other operating unit of the Maine Community College System (collectively “MCCS”). These terms and conditions derive from the public nature and limited resources of the MCCS. MCCS DOES NOT AGREE TO:
- Provide any defense, hold harmless or indemnity;
- Waive any statutory or constitutional immunity;
- Apply the law of a state other than Maine;
- Procure types or amounts of insurance beyond those MCCS already maintains or waive any rights of subrogation;
- Add any entity as an additional insured to MCCS policies of insurance;
- Pay attorneys’ fees, costs, expenses or liquidated damages;
- Promise confidentiality in a manner contrary to Maine’s Freedom of Access Act;
- Permit an entity to change unilaterally any term or condition once the contract is signed; and
- Automatic renewals for term(s) greater than month-to-month.
By submitting a response to a Request for Proposal, bid or other offer to do business with MCCS, YOUR ENTITY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT:
- The above standard terms and conditions are thereby incorporated into any agreement entered into between MCCS and your entity; that such terms and condition shall control in the event of any conflict with such agreement; and that your entity will not propose or demand any contrary terms;
- The above standard terms and conditions will govern the interpretation of such agreement notwithstanding the expression of any other term and/or condition to the contrary;
- Your entity will not propose to any college or other operating unit of the MCCS any contractual documents of any kind that are not in at least 11-point font and completely contained in one Word or PDF document, and that any references to terms and conditions, privacy policies or any other conditions referenced outside of the contract will not apply; and
4. Your entity will identify at the time of submission which, if any, portion or your submitted materials are entitled to “trade secret” exemption from disclosure under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act; that failure to so identify will authorize MCCS to conclude that no portions are so exempt; and that your entity will defend, indemnify and hold harmless MCCS in any and all legal actions that seek to compel MCCS to disclose under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act some or all of your submitted materials and/or contract, if any, executed between MCCS and your entity.
Architectural/Engineering services for the Reed Commons Renovation
The purpose of this project is to renovate the existing 11,000 sq/ft dining commons with a new commercial kitchen, dining area, meeting spaces, and teaching kitchen.
The paper copy of the Letter of Interest and Statement of Qualifications should be sent to Barry Ingraham, Dean of Technology & Facilities, 33 Edgemont Drive, Presque Isle, ME 04769 so as to be received not later than 2:00 PM on April 5, 2019.
The electronic copy of the Letter of Interest and Statement of Qualifications should be sent as an attachment to an email addressed to email@example.com so as to meet the deadline noted above
Work includes but not limited to selective demolition of bleachers, flooring and public entrance doors; the installation of new power operated bleachers, power control for basketball hoops, new flooring, and doors; painting of walls, ductwork, steel roof framing , and ceiling
|Mandatory Pre-Bid conference||May 15, 2019 @ 10:00am|
|Bid Opening||May 29, 2019 @ 2:00pm|
|Completion Date||August 9, 2019|
The project scope includes upgrades to the existing ventilation system within the Diesel Lab and adjacent classroom and office to include new vehicle exhaust fans, emergency general exhaust with makeup air, automated gas detection system, improved relief air routing, upgrade controls, and air system balancing to improve indoor air quality throughout the Lab and adjacent spaces.
|Mandatory Pre-Bid conference||May 28, 2019, at 10:00 am. Starting in the Christie Building Lobby.|
|Bid Opening||June 7, 2019, at 2:00 pm. Information Technology Office|
Northern Maine Community College is currently seeking proposals for an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse with direct Physician Oversight or other like practitioner to serve as the College’s primary student healthcare provider in NMCC’s student health center for the next three years.
Submit Questions & Intent to Respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com
|Deadline for Questions||June 5, 2019|
|Proposal Submission Deadline||June 10, 2019 2pm|
|Intended Award Date||June 25, 2019|