NMCC Testing and Certification Center
As of Monday, February 1, 2021, the Testing and Certification Center is open with limited availability for in-person testing. All test vendors have been notified of our re-opening and should be contacted directly to schedule an exam. To schedule an ASE exam or a CLEP exam, please call Angela Wardwell at 760-1125.
You will be required to wear a face covering at all times while on campus except when you are seated at the computer taking your exam. Your face covering must be a disposable or cloth mask made of multiple layers of tightly woven fabric that fits snugly around the face, covers the nose, mouth and chin and secures with ear loops or ties behind the head. Homemade and commercially manufactured masks that meet this definition are acceptable forms of face coverings. Examples of face coverings that are not acceptable include bandanas, neck gaiters, and masks with a valve or vent.
All entrances on campus are locked at this time. When you arrive for your test, please park in Visitor Parking or the General Parking Lot. Go to the Christie Entrance where you will find a sign with a list of COVID Health Assessment questions. If you are able to answer NO to ALL questions, you should call the number on the sign and someone will come let you in. If you answer YES to ANY of the questions, you should contact your exam sponsor to reschedule. The questions are as follows:
1. Are you experiencing ONE OR MORE of the following COVID-19 related symptoms:
- Fever (100.4°F or higher)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New cough
- New loss of taste or sense of smell
2. Are you experiencing TWO OR MORE of the following COVID-19 related symptoms:
- New headache
- New unexplained fatigue
- New onset of muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose, excluding known allergies
- Nausea or vomiting
3. Did you test positive for COVID-19 and are currently required to isolate yourself from others?
4. In the past 14 days, have you been in close contact (within 6 feet for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with anyone known or suspected to have COVID-19?
5. In the past 10 days, did you attend an event or gathering or visit a crowded public place at which you and others present did not physically distance and wear a face covering?
6. In the past 10 days, did you 1) travel to a state other than New Hampshire or Vermont AND 2) not obtain a negative COVID-19 test result or quarantine yourself for 10 days upon return to Maine?
The NMCC Testing and Certification Center is located in the A.K. Christie Complex in the Admissions Office. This center is used exclusively for administering computer-based academic, vocational and certification exams.
Testing is available by appointment only.
A wide variety of exams are delivered through:
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence)
- Other proctoring services are available.
For more information, contact:
Angela Wardwell | Testing Center Coordinator 207-760-1125