NMCC Testing and Certification Center
As of October 1, the Testing Center has reopened with limited availability due to COVID-19 guidelines.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements
At this time all entrances are locked. We ask that all test candidates use the Christie Entrance only.
Upon arrival, you will find a sign on the Christie Entrance with the following questions:
Are you experiencing ONE OR MORE of the following COVID-19 related symptoms:
- Fever (100.4°F or higher)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New cough
- New loss of taste or sense of smell
Are you experiencing TWO OR MORE of the following COVID-19 related symptoms:
- New headache
- New unexplained fatigue
- New onset of muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose, excluding known allergies
- Nausea or vomiting
If you answer YES to ANY of the above questions, you will be asked not to enter the building and to contact your exam sponsor and/or the appropriate testing company to reschedule.
If you answer NO to ALL of the above questions, you should call the number on the sign and someone will come let you in. Face coverings are required (no bandanas or neck gaiters, please). If you do not have a face covering, you will not be allowed to test. For your protection, we will also be collecting contact tracing information (name and phone number).
We are committed to providing a safe testing environment and will be implementing the following measures:
- Testing candidates will be positioned at least 6 feet apart.
- There will be no more than four (4) candidates on the Testing Center side of the room at one time.
- After each check-in session, our staff will clean the admission desk, proctor desk, and check-in equipment with disinfectant products.
- After each exam session ends, our staff will clean each workstation, keyboard, mouse, headset, marker, calculator, and locker key with disinfectant products.
- You will also be provided with disinfecting wipes if you would like to clean the equipment yourself before use.
- High touch surfaces are cleaned regularly.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided as well as gloves and facial tissues.
- Disposable earplugs are available should you prefer them to the noise cancelling headphones at each computer.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Testing Center at 760-1125.
The NMCC Testing and Certification Center is located in the A.K. Christie Complex in the Admissions Office. This center is used exclusively for administering computer-based academic, vocational and certification exams.
Testing is available by appointment only.
A wide variety of exams are delivered through:
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence)
- Other proctoring services are available.
For more information, contact:
Angela Wardwell | Testing Center Coordinator 207-760-1125