Mechanized Logging Operations
For more information, call Leah Buck at 768-2768.
This program was created by three Maine Community Colleges in partnership with the Professional Logging Contractors of Maine. The logging industry has many unfilled positions for qualified operators who are skilled in modern equipment. This program is designed to get you started in a career as an equipment operator. We will teach you what it takes to be a well-trained equipment operator as part of a safe, production-oriented harvesting team.
This training will give you a broad overview of the most common mechanical systems found in modern timber harvesting equipment and an understanding of the variables of timber growth, tree species, market flux and a strong emphasis on safety. Courses will be hands-on in a forest environment, operating the most current equipment in the industry, with dynamic classroom learning to help you become a professional in the logging industry.
For More Information
Leah Buck, Assistant Dean of Continuing Education at 207-768-2768
For Our Brochure, click here.
The application process is complete for Mechanized Logging Operations when the following are received:
- Completed application form
- Applicable high school transcripts or HiSET/GED diploma
- Immunization record verifying vaccination (or titer results indicating immunity) for MMR as well as Diphtheria/Tetanus vaccination administered within the past 10 years
Further screening of suitable applicants will also include:
- Personal interview with the selection committee
- Review of applicant’s driving record
- Criminal background review
- Pre-entrance controlled substance testing (results must be negative)
- Physical agility screening
*Driving record will be reviewed in order to meet eligibility requirements, as specified by employers. NOTE: Industry-specific protective gear, such as boots and gloves, will be provided by the program.