Northern Maine Community College is committed to maintaining its tradition of providing high-quality career and transfer programs that lead to associate degrees, certificates, and specialized training necessary for an educated, skilled and adaptable workforce. Through its affordable programs of study, courses, and specialized-training seminars, the College is a catalyst for economic growth and the development of human potential.
The faculty, staff, alumni, and current students of NMCC are committed to the following core values:
• Student centered: We offer a learning environment focused on supporting students as they strive toward their individual success.
• Excellence in learning: We provide quality teaching and learning experiences as a means of promoting life-long learning to all.
• Diversity: We promote mutual respect and equality as a means of recognizing and embracing diversity.
• Service: We foster excellence in service to the college and the community, including business, industry and society.
• Integrity: We subscribe to and promote high standards of ethics and integrity; understanding that they are the foundation upon which our reputation is built.
• Sustainability: We practice continuous improvement as a means to being relevant to the economy, workforce, environment and future of the college.
The business technology department is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for the offering of its business programs that culminate in the associate in applied science degree, and the associate degree nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
The college is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges, the American Council on Education and the Maine Higher Education Council.
Northern Maine Community College is an accredited, two-year college that…
- Offers over 30 associate degree and certificate-level programs.
- Provides specific job skills that help students enter the workforce, while ensuring a well-rounded education through general education core requirements.
- Prepares students to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree and has agreements in place to maximize the transfer of credits.
- Is a comprehensive community college with programs such as liberal studies, which provides a broad education and can be individually tailored to a student’s interests.
- Offers short-term courses and workshops to enhance the skills of employees.
- Is one of seven colleges in the Maine Community College System.
- Has off-campus centers in Houlton.