Email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 207-768-2785 to schedule a visit or school tour. Come see NMCC for yourself, today!
Northern Maine Community College is a college unlike any other, providing real-world education and hands-on experience. It is a close-knit group of staff and faculty dedicated to helping you become career or transfer ready.
The admissions office welcomes applications from anyone interested in pursuing higher education goals. Completion of a four-year high school program or a state high school equivalency certificate (GED, HiSET) is required for admission to associate degree and certificate programs. NMCC maintains a rolling admissions policy, allowing students to apply and be considered for acceptance throughout the year. All programs begin in the fall semester, however, January admission is possible for students who are interested in beginning their program of study with general education classes. Early application (9-10 months prior to the beginning of a given school year) is recommended because of enrollment capacities established for each program. All programs are offered to women and men and students are encouraged to enroll in programs considered nontraditional for their gender.
Applying to NMCC:
- Submit application accompanied by a non-refundable $20.00 application fee for a paper application or $15.00 for an online application.
- A final, official high school transcript for all years attended and showing date of graduation must also be submitted. Current high school seniors must include grades for the ranking periods completed at the time of their application to NMCC.
- GED test scores must be submitted to the admissions office by those who are not high school graduates.
- College transcripts must be submitted to the admissions office by applicants who have attended other colleges or post-secondary schools.
- Placement testing, individual interviews and campus tours are required, in many cases prior to acceptance notification.
- Admission decisions are made as quickly as possible once an individual candidate’s file is complete.
- Accepted applicants are required to make a $100 deposit within thirty days of their acceptance notification. Students wishing on-campus housing are required to submit an additional $100 deposit to reserve space in the residential complex.
Admissions Office Staff:
Wendy Bradstreet, Director of Admissions and Outreach
firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-768-2771
Andre Anderson, Assistant Director of Admissions
email@example.com or 207-768-2789
Nicole Poulin, Admissions Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-768-2785
For additional information, please contact us:
Northern Maine Community College
33 Edgemont Drive
Presque Isle, ME 04769
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday