Are you looking for an American college located in a safe environment that offers a real hands-on education at a low cost? Let Northern Maine Community College satisfy your needs! NMCC is located in the heart of Aroostook County in Presque Isle, Maine, the County’s largest city.
- Fall Semester: July 1st
- Spring Semester: November 1st
- NMCC Application
- Provide high school and college transcripts to a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) approved member for evaluation. For more information, visit the NACES website
- International Student Certification of Finances Form and Financial Documentation
- Official TOEFL Scores (Paper or Internet-Based) – Students from English-speaking countries can have this requirement waived
- Placement testing
Once all application requirements are received, an interview will be scheduled with an admissions counselor.
To be issued an I-20 from Northern Maine Community College, international applicants must be accepted to the college as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours). If you plan to live on campus, a US $100.00 deposit is required to reserve space in the residential complex.
Northern Maine Community College TOEFL
Designated Institution (DI) Code: 3631
|TOEFL Internet-Based Test||20||17||24||23||85|
F-1 (Student Visa) is issued to those who study at English language schools, colleges or universities as full-time students. F-1 students may stay in the United States for the full length of their academic program plus 60 days.
M-1 (Vocational Student Visa) is issued to those who study at non-academic vocational schools or vocational programs of 2-year colleges. Recipients of an M-1 visa may not change fields of study. Switching from an M-1 visa to a F-1 visa is not permitted.
A student who will be accompanied by his/her dependents (spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old) can apply for their F-2/M-2 visa at the time she/he submits his or her own visa application.
Students apply for a visa to either the U.S. Embassy or the U.S. Consulate General depending on their registered residence.
The following documents are required for applying for a visa:
- A valid passport
- A 1-1/2 inch square photograph (37 mm x 37 mm) showing full face against a light background
- Official evidence of admission to an educational institution in the U.S. (i.e., I-20 A-B for F-1 visa or I-20 M-N for M-1 visa)
- Evidence of financial support (in English)
- A visa application form (OF-156)
- The visa processing fee
It is the policy of the college not to discriminate on the basis of sex, creed, color, race, age, national origin, marital status or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.
For additional information, please contact us:
Northern Maine Community College
33 Edgemont Drive
Presque Isle, ME 04769
Phone: 207-768-2785, chat
7:30am – 4:30pm Monday-Friday or by appointment