Financial aid can be applied to more than tuition. It can help cover the following:
You are committing to further your education. We are committing to provide the best possible service to help you.
To find out how we can help, contact the Office of Financial Aid:
The Office of Financial Aid is located in the A.K. Christie building with office hours from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Summer hours: 7:30 to 4:30).
Receiving Your Aid Package
We want to help you receive the best financial aid package possible. In order to do that, we encourage anyone considering college to complete the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA).
NMCC’s FASFA Federal School Code is 005760
As you begin this process, feel free to contact us with any question.
Types of Aid
- Grants are “free money” provided to students by federal or state sources.
- Grants do not need to be paid back.
- Eligibility for grant funding is determined by the FAFSA.
- Scholarships are not required to be repaid.
- Eligibility may be based on a variety of factors.
- The NMCC Foundation provides over $100,000 annually to support students.
- To learn more about eligibility and available scholarships, click here.
- We offer the Federal Work-Study Program for students who would like to work while enrolled in school.
- Eligibility determined by the FAFSA.
- Potential work-study students are subject to a background check and must meet academic standards.
- To inquire about on-campus work-study, contact the financial aid office.
- Eligibility for student loans is determined by the FAFSA.
- Federal student loans are not based on credit scores.
- Must be repaid, with interest, and should be considered the last funding option for students and families to use.
- Parent PLUS loans are available for parents to cover any remaining costs if necessary (subject to credit approval).