Smith Wellness Center
The $6.4 million Smith Wellness Center is designed for the amateur and avid wellness enthusiast in mind. Our 4,000 square-foot facility offers a modern and vibrant space to get moving and get fit. Additionally, in 2019 NMCC remodeled the adjoining gymnasium and locker rooms to offer better amenities and more fitness features like an indoor track. The “no excuses” approach includes an affordable pricing structure and extended hours, providing the flexibility for everyone to incorporate fitness into their busy schedules. Finally, Wellness Center staff make cleanliness and friendliness their top priority.
Center Director Tom Richard and his helpful crew are always happy to welcome you to the gym. Tom can guide you in the safe and proper use of the fitness equipment and encourage you in your wellness journey!
Funding for the center was provided primarily from Mary Smith, a Presque Isle native now living in California. Her gift prompted more donations to complete the work from foundations and private business donors in Aroostook and beyond. Mrs. Smith’s vision is to improve the health of the future workforce—our students—as well as the current workforce from the surrounding area through this state-of-the-art wellness facility.
THE FACILITY CONSISTS OF:
• State-of-the-art equipment complete with LCD screens for tv, internet, and personalized digital training
• 15 user-friendly cardio units
• Strength-training machines, a cross-trainer, treadmills, recumbent bikes, upright bikes, and rowing machines
• Free weights
• Men’s and women’s locker rooms
• A private yoga and exercise room
• Gymnasium with basketball hoops and walking/jogging track
OUR WELLNESS FACILITY ALSO:
• Offers bright, natural lighting that is uplifting.
• Is easy to navigate with an open-floor plan.
• Helps you succeed in your wellness journey.
QUESTIONS & CONTACT:
- Registration Desk (207) 768-2729
- Director Tom Richard (207) 760-1130
- Email email@example.com
Monday – Friday: 5:00 AM — 7:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM — 12:00 PM
Closed all state and federal holidays