Exposure or Positive Test Protocols
What to do after a positive result or exposure
We want to act quickly to keep you and the people around you safe in the event you test positive for COVID-19, or if you have been exposed. If you have tested positive, or think you have been exposed to the virus, please contact the following COVID-19 contact person at your college:
- NMCC: Matthew A. Grillo, (207) 768-8154
Be ready to answer the following questions:
- Do you have symptoms of COVID-19?
- Did you get a positive test result? When and where did you get the test?
- Have you been on campus in the past 10 days?
- Describe how you may have been exposed to someone (defined as being within six feet of the person for 15 or more minutes.)
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting