Notice to Vendors and Bidders:
Standard Terms and Conditions Applicable to All MCCS Contracts
The following standard contracting terms and conditions are incorporated and shall become a part of any final contract that will be awarded by any college or other operating unit of the Maine Community College System (collectively “MCCS”). These terms and conditions derive from the public nature and limited resources of the MCCS. MCCS DOES NOT AGREE TO:
- Provide any defense, hold harmless or indemnity;
- Waive any statutory or constitutional immunity;
- Apply the law of a state other than Maine;
- Procure types or amounts of insurance beyond those MCCS already maintains or waive any rights of subrogation;
- Add any entity as an additional insured to MCCS policies of insurance;
- Pay attorneys’ fees, costs, expenses or liquidated damages;
- Promise confidentiality in a manner contrary to Maine’s Freedom of Access Act;
- Permit an entity to change unilaterally any term or condition once the contract is signed; and
- Automatic renewals for term(s) greater than month-to-month.
By submitting a response to a Request for Proposal, bid or other offer to do business with MCCS, YOUR ENTITY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT:
- The above standard terms and conditions are thereby incorporated into any agreement entered into between MCCS and your entity; that such terms and condition shall control in the event of any conflict with such agreement; and that your entity will not propose or demand any contrary terms;
- The above standard terms and conditions will govern the interpretation of such agreement notwithstanding the expression of any other term and/or condition to the contrary;
- Your entity will not propose to any college or other operating unit of the MCCS any contractual documents of any kind that are not in at least 11-point font and completely contained in one Word or PDF document, and that any references to terms and conditions, privacy policies or any other conditions referenced outside of the contract will not apply; and
4. Your entity will identify at the time of submission which, if any, portion or your submitted materials are entitled to “trade secret” exemption from disclosure under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act; that failure to so identify will authorize MCCS to conclude that no portions are so exempt; and that your entity will defend, indemnify and hold harmless MCCS in any and all legal actions that seek to compel MCCS to disclose under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act some or all of your submitted materials and/or contract, if any, executed between MCCS and your entity.
Interested parties are invited to view the Building at Northern Maine Community College’s Building Construction Lab. Please contact Frank Pytlak, instructor at 768-2781 or email@example.com, or Pam Buck, Department Chair at 768-2763, or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to view the building.
Bid Deadline: June 14, 2017 at 2pm
Successful bidder must provide a 50% deposit within one week from notice of award. Final payment shall be made prior to removing the building from campus.
Proposals will be reviewed and one vendor will be selected. Vendor selection will be based on price and lead time of items/products. If it is determined that more items are needed for project completion, the selected vendor will receive additional orders at that time. Selected vendor shall honor pricing structure submitted in response to this RFP.
The College reserves the right to request modifications at any time before an order is placed, and negotiations would be undertaken with that vendor whose proposal is deemed to best meet the College’s needs.