Notice to Vendors and Bidders:
Standard Terms and Conditions Applicable to All MCCS Contracts
The following standard contracting terms and conditions are incorporated and shall become a part of any final contract that will be awarded by any college or other operating unit of the Maine Community College System (collectively “MCCS”). These terms and conditions derive from the public nature and limited resources of the MCCS. MCCS DOES NOT AGREE TO:
- Provide any defense, hold harmless or indemnity;
- Waive any statutory or constitutional immunity;
- Apply the law of a state other than Maine;
- Procure types or amounts of insurance beyond those MCCS already maintains or waive any rights of subrogation;
- Add any entity as an additional insured to MCCS policies of insurance;
- Pay attorneys’ fees, costs, expenses or liquidated damages;
- Promise confidentiality in a manner contrary to Maine’s Freedom of Access Act;
- Permit an entity to change unilaterally any term or condition once the contract is signed; and
- Automatic renewals for term(s) greater than month-to-month.
By submitting a response to a Request for Proposal, bid or other offer to do business with MCCS, YOUR ENTITY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT:
- The above standard terms and conditions are thereby incorporated into any agreement entered into between MCCS and your entity; that such terms and condition shall control in the event of any conflict with such agreement; and that your entity will not propose or demand any contrary terms;
- The above standard terms and conditions will govern the interpretation of such agreement notwithstanding the expression of any other term and/or condition to the contrary;
- Your entity will not propose to any college or other operating unit of the MCCS any contractual documents of any kind that are not in at least 11-point font and completely contained in one Word or PDF document, and that any references to terms and conditions, privacy policies or any other conditions referenced outside of the contract will not apply; and
4. Your entity will identify at the time of submission which, if any, portion or your submitted materials are entitled to “trade secret” exemption from disclosure under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act; that failure to so identify will authorize MCCS to conclude that no portions are so exempt; and that your entity will defend, indemnify and hold harmless MCCS in any and all legal actions that seek to compel MCCS to disclose under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act some or all of your submitted materials and/or contract, if any, executed between MCCS and your entity.
Bid Opening March 2, 2018, 2pm, bids submitted after this time will not be considered and will be returned unopened
Work includes but not limited to selective demolition of existing interior walls, floors and ceilings. New construction includes but not limited to installation of under slab items such as floor drains, concrete work, partition framing and sheathing, attic and wall insulation, floor wall and ceiling finishing, new and relocated doors, windows, furnishings as specified, sprinkler system adjustments, plumbing mechanical HVAC, and electrical work. Work to be performed under this contract shall be completed on or before June 4, 2018.
Renovation to the Simulation Center on the second floor of the Edmunds Building. Work shall include minor space reconfiguration, new interior walls, doors, windows, finishes, millwork, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing improvements. Project limits to include approximately 6,000 SF of existing floor area
Sealed Contractor bids for the project noted above, in envelopes plainly marked “Bid for NMCC Simulation Center” and addressed to:
Northern Maine Community College
33 Edgemont Drive
Presque Isle, Maine 04769
Bids will be opened and read aloud at NMCC Martin Building Room 106 at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 22, 2018. Bids submitted after the noted time will not be considered and will be returned unopened.
An on-site pre-bid conference will be conducted for this project. The pre-bid conference is mandatory for General Contractors and optional for Subcontractors and suppliers. Contractors who arrive late or leave the meeting early may be prohibited from participating in this meeting and bidding. Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 2 PM at the project site.
Bid Documents – full sets only – will be available on or about Friday, February 23, 2018 and may be obtained in electronic format from the Architect by contacting Donna Allen via email email@example.com Provide company name, company address, phone and contact full name and email address in requesting email. No partial sets will be issued.
Northern Maine Community College (NMCC) is requesting proposals from an authorized vendor to install audio equipment at the Nursing Simulation Center currently being renovated on campus. Construction begins approximately April 2, 2018 and is expected to be completed by June 30, 2018. The awarded vendor is expected to install the Audio equipment by June 14, 2018 or in accordance with the construction schedule if it changes from the current plan. This will be coordinated with the owner and General Contractor. Installation of audio equipment and cabling will need to be coordinated with General Contractor and owner. A floor plan of the room is included with this RFP but vendors may request a walkthrough of the Simulation Center. Please contact Julie Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time for the walkthrough. The walkthrough needs to be done by March 30, 2018.
Deadline for questions: March 30, 2018
Proposals Due: April 6, 2018