Notice to Vendors and Bidders:
Standard Terms and Conditions Applicable to All MCCS Contracts
The following standard contracting terms and conditions are incorporated and shall become a part of any final contract that will be awarded by any college or other operating unit of the Maine Community College System (collectively “MCCS”). These terms and conditions derive from the public nature and limited resources of the MCCS. MCCS DOES NOT AGREE TO:
- Provide any defense, hold harmless or indemnity;
- Waive any statutory or constitutional immunity;
- Apply the law of a state other than Maine;
- Procure types or amounts of insurance beyond those MCCS already maintains or waive any rights of subrogation;
- Add any entity as an additional insured to MCCS policies of insurance;
- Pay attorneys’ fees, costs, expenses or liquidated damages;
- Promise confidentiality in a manner contrary to Maine’s Freedom of Access Act;
- Permit an entity to change unilaterally any term or condition once the contract is signed; and
- Automatic renewals for term(s) greater than month-to-month.
By submitting a response to a Request for Proposal, bid or other offer to do business with MCCS, YOUR ENTITY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT:
- The above standard terms and conditions are thereby incorporated into any agreement entered into between MCCS and your entity; that such terms and condition shall control in the event of any conflict with such agreement; and that your entity will not propose or demand any contrary terms;
- The above standard terms and conditions will govern the interpretation of such agreement notwithstanding the expression of any other term and/or condition to the contrary;
- Your entity will not propose to any college or other operating unit of the MCCS any contractual documents of any kind that are not in at least 11-point font and completely contained in one Word or PDF document, and that any references to terms and conditions, privacy policies or any other conditions referenced outside of the contract will not apply; and
4. Your entity will identify at the time of submission which, if any, portion or your submitted materials are entitled to “trade secret” exemption from disclosure under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act; that failure to so identify will authorize MCCS to conclude that no portions are so exempt; and that your entity will defend, indemnify and hold harmless MCCS in any and all legal actions that seek to compel MCCS to disclose under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act some or all of your submitted materials and/or contract, if any, executed between MCCS and your entity.
Northern Maine Community College is currently seeking bids for the demolition and construction of new Mock-ups/Trainers in the Plumbing & Heating Lab. Work includes but not limited to selective demolition of existing interior walls, roof, floor finish, and electrical. New construction includes but not limited to repair of existing floor items such as floor drains, and concrete work to prevent floor leaking into shop below, painting lab walls, mezzanine/ trainer floors and partition framing and floor sheathing, adjustments to electrical power and lights.
Pre-bid Conference: June 27, 2018 10:00am, Christie Building Lobby
Bids Due: July 6,2018, 2:00pm
Completion date: August 17, 2018
Northern Maine Community College is currently seeking proposals for laboratory equipment, supplies, and related items for the Water Treatment Technology Program. The College has prepared an equipment and supply list detailed within this Request for Proposals (RFP). The list is for guidance purposes. The college is seeking proposals for equipment and supplies to best meet the demands and budget of the Water Treatment Technology Program.