Smith Wellness Center
Center Director Tom Richard is happy to welcome you to the Smith Wellness Center! He and certified personal trainer Daren Stone will guide you in the safe and proper use of the fitness equipment and encourage you in your wellness journey! Daren has extensive strength training and conditioning experience working with college athletes (UM Orono) and he is eager to work with you no matter what your level of fitness.
The $6.4 million Wellness Center is designed for the amateur and avid wellness buff in mind. Our 4,000 square-foot facility offers a modern and vibrant space to get moving and get fit. The “no excuses” approach includes an affordable pricing structure and extended hours, providing the flexibility for everyone to incorporate fitness into their busy schedules.
Funding for the center was provided primarily from Mary Smith, a Presque Isle native now living in California. Her gift prompted more donations to complete the work from foundations and private business donors in Aroostook and beyond. Mrs. Smith’s vision is to improve the health of the future workforce—our students—as well as the current workforce from the surrounding area through this state-of-the-art wellness facility.
THE FACILITY CONSISTS OF:
• State-of-the-art equipment complete with LCD screens for tv, internet, and personalized digital training
• 15 user-friendly cardio units
• Strength-training machines, a cross-trainer, treadmills, recumbent bikes, upright bikes, and rowing machines
• Free weights
• Men’s and women’s locker rooms
• A private yoga and exercise room
OUR WELLNESS FACILITY ALSO:
• Offers bright, natural lighting that is uplifting.
• Is easy to navigate with an open-floor plan.
• Helps you succeed in your wellness journey.