Testing and Certification Center
COVID-19 Testing Requirements
Face coverings are required to enter any building on the NMCC campus. If you do not have a face covering, you will not be allowed to test.
Before entering the Testing Center, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- Have you had a cough or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever or do you feel feverish?
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Do you have a loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
- Have you traveled here from another state or have you been out of state in the last 14 days?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, you will be asked not to enter the Testing Center and to contact your exam sponsor and/or the appropriate testing company.
If you answer no to all of the above questions, you will be allowed to enter the Testing Center. A touchless temperature check will be performed. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will not be allowed to test. For your protection, we will also be collecting contact tracing information (name and phone number).
We are committed to providing a safe testing environment and will be implementing the following measures:
- Testing candidates will be positioned at least 6 feet apart.
- There will be no more than 10 individuals in the testing room at one time.
- After each check-in session, our staff will clean the admission desk, proctor desk, and check-in equipment with disinfectant products.
- After each exam session ends, our staff will clean each workstation, keyboard, mouse, headset, marker, calculator, and locker key with disinfectant products.
- You will also be provided with disinfecting wipes if you would like to clean the equipment yourself before use.
- High touch surfaces are cleaned regularly.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided as well as facial tissues.
- Disposable earplugs are available should you prefer them to the noise cancelling headphones at each computer.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Testing Center at 760-1125.
The NMCC Testing and Certification Center is located in the A.K. Christie Complex in the Admissions Office. This center is used exclusively for administering computer-based academic, vocational and certification exams.
Testing is available by appointment only.
A wide variety of exams are delivered through:
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence)
- Other proctoring services are available.
For more information, contact:
Angela Wardwell | Testing Center Coordinator 207-760-1125