- Wellness is a multidimensional ever evolving process dealing with a person’s “wellbeing.”
- It includes physical, emotional, spiritual, social, psychological, intellectual, occupational, and environmental wellbeing.
- Without balance within these various components of wellness “wellbeing” cannot be achieved.
- Physical activity including cardiovascular training, strength training, and flexibility conditioning.
- Recognizing illnesses, seeking medical care when necessary, and maintaining health screening schedules.
- Making healthy choices: nutrition, not smoking, using your seatbelt, using helmets and other protective gear.
- Recognize and accept we all have a wide range of feelings.
- Be true to your feelings.
- Strive to be positive and optimistic.
- Take ownership of your actions.
- Make choices in your life that fit with your values and add to the purpose of your life.
- Actions in our lives that help us to reach a state of harmony and balance with ourselves and our relationships with others.
- Pursue harmony within your family.
- Strive to be engaged.
- Be involved with others that support your interests.
- Being a positive contributor to your community by volunteering.
- Participate in activities that will aid in reducing stress in your life.
- If you need professional help, seek out assistance, do not let the stigma of mental illness be a barrier.
- Do not use drugs or alcohol to deal with loses or stress.
- Do get plenty of sleep, proper nutrition, and be active.
- Engage in activities that stimulate your mind and your creativity.
- Identify problems and seek solutions using your intellect.
- Being a productive member of society.
- Choose work activities that compliment your skills, talents, and interests.
- Follow a career path that is compatible with your personal values.
- Choose work that provides you with personal stimulation, satisfaction and enjoyment.
- Balance your work time and your leisure time.
- Recognize activities you do during your work can contribute to an injury.
- Recycle, conscientiously conserve energy, do not leave the water running, use reusable shopping bags.
- Commit to being a good steward of the environment.