The following procedures constitute the admissions process:
1. An NMCC application form must be submitted to the admissions office, accompanied by a non-refundable $20.00 application fee.
2. A complete high school transcript for all years attended must also be submitted to the admissions office. Current high school seniors must include grades for the ranking periods completed at the time of their application to NMCC.
3. GED test scores must be submitted to the admissions office by those who are not high school graduates.
4. College transcripts must be submitted to the admissions office by applicants who have attended other colleges or postsecondary schools.
5. Placement testing, individual interviews and campus tours are required, in most cases prior to admissions notification.
6. Admission decisions are made as quickly as possible once an individual candidate's file is complete.
7. Accepted applicants are required to make a $100 deposit within thirty days of their acceptance notification. Students wishing on-campus housing are required to submit an additional $100 deposit to reserve space in the residential complex.