Student Learning Outcomes
A student successfully completing this program will be able to do the following:
- Assume legal and ethical responsibility and accountability consistent with the Maine state nurse practice act, Maine Board of Nursing rules and regulations,and professional standards of practice.
- Demonstrate efficiency as manager of care through prioritization, delegation, and resource utilization in caring for individuals and groups.
- Utilize effective therapeutic and professional communication skills in the practice of nursing.
- Demonstrate safe and effective clinical judgements using critical thinking skills when providing nursing care for individuals and groups.
Systematically apply the nursing process with individuals and groups to promote and maintain health, prevent illness and facilitate adaptation to stressors.
- Demonstrate professional nursing care that incorporates sensitivity and caring behaviors to culturally diverse clients and groups across the lifespan.
- Collaborate with health care team members, individual clients and groups, utilizing best practice standards to achieve positive client outcomes.
- Incorporate teaching/learning principles into the provision of care to individuals and groups.
- Develop plans for continued personal and professional growth.