A student successfully completing this program will be able to do the following:
- Describe the role of the community paramedic within the healthcare system.
- Prioritize healthcare needs based on disparate populations within the community.
- Promote positive health behaviors in high risk populations.
- Collaborate with healthcare team members to assist in the management of chronic disease through the reduction of social, behavioral, environmental and economic risk factors.
- Provide comprehensive, culturally competent care to individuals and groups.
- Integrate health literacy and evidenced based research application when caring for clients.
- Provide safe and effective care to diverse populations in the rural setting.