A student successfully completing this program will be able to do the following:
- Calculate, compile and analyze financial records to make practical business decisions.
- Develop knowledge of general business concepts necessary for the development of an effective business plan.
- Develop critical thinking skills to identify and evaluate entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Distinguish among the various forms of business ownership and various ways of getting a business started.
- Develop an understanding of the concept of risk and how its effect on new ventures can be reduced or minimized.
- Demonstrate the capacity to identify and acquire the resources needed for the creation and implementation of a new venture.
- Understand the process that enables entrepreneurs with limited resources to transform a simple idea into a sustainable success.
- Apply effective written and oral communication skills to business situations.
- Select and integrate appropriate current and emerging technologies to support business functions.
- Utilize computer skills consisting of the Internet and the most common business software applications.